A journey....through space....

Welcome...from launch sites to love, heat shields to hearts....join me as 20+ year rocket scientist transitions to the world of romance novel writing.


Monday, September 6, 2010

She's back!

Back!  Miss me?

I'm not going to try to sum up the last few months.not today, anyways.

But....I promise at least one post a week.  Honest!  My next post will be a scene I've recently deleted from "November's Secret". 

I'm not sure how others go about their writing process, but for me, I need to visualize the entire scene before I can write about it.  There have been a few times where I wrote off the cuff and just ran with it, but those times are very few.  After I write it, I let it sit for a day or so, but I continue to think about it.  Did I get it right?  Is it interesting?  Does it fit?  Three YESes means it stays.

I had a murder in one scene, then I removed the main character from the scene and left the murder. When I decided to put her back in as a witness, I talked to a law enforcement officer a week ago to help me with the police procedure, but I continued to think about how I was going to change it. 

Then I realized the scene itself didn't fit.  The novel is a romance, not a mystery.  A murder doesn't belong here.  There was a specific reason why I wrote the scene, but that doesn't mean that another scene couldn't create the same requirement.  So I did just that.

Enjoy the deleted scene!  The new one is MUCH better, and it better fits the theme of the cult of personality and fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment